Register of Deeds
PLEASE NOTE: Per the Board of Commissioners the courthouse is closed to the public.
The Register of Deeds Office:
- Will have limited staff and hours in office. We will be in the office to assist you over the phone.
- MONDAY, JUNE 1 from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- TUESDAY, JUNE 2 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
- WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3 from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm
- THURSDAY, JUNE 4 from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm
- FRIDAY, JUNE 5 from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm
- Please check this website for an updated list of days and times we will be available in office for phone calls.
- I will be answering emails at email@example.com while I am not in the office. We do not have access to land records outside of our office hours, but I can assist you with any questions you may have.
- During these hours we will process/record mail, assist with email requests, and answer phone calls and messages.
- All documents for recording can be submitted through USPS mail, UPS and FedEx to:
- There may be a delay in processing recordings. Return of recorded documents will be delayed beyond our standard return times.
- We will not be processing passport applications during this time.
The Register of Deeds office is located on the first floor of the main Courthouse in Reed City at the corner of Park Street and Upton Avenue.
We are happy to assist you with any questions you may have!
- Heather E. Gray, Register
- Johnell Deline, Chief Deputy
- LInda Chipman, Deputy
HOURS OF OPERATION: PLEASE SEE NOTE ABOVE
- Monday thru Friday, except holidays, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Public terminal computer room is open from 8:30 AM to 4:45 PM.
- We accept passport applicants until 4:30 PM.
THE REGISTER OF DEEDS:
- Serves as the official recording office for all documents pertaining to real estate
- Serves as the keeper of permanent land records, records dating back to 1853
- Maintains full tract index by legal description of all parcels in the County
- Performs Grantor/Grantee record name searches
- Passport Acceptance Facility
- Serves on Plat Board as chairperson
To administer the Michigan Statutes as they apply to the Register of Deed’s Office. To provide service and information as to the public records regarding real property located in Osceola County. To promptly process and accept for the public record documentation complying with the Michigan Recording Act. To research and develop new ways of using technology to improve the input, retrieval and storage of information.
Disclaimer: Osceola County Register of Deeds does not endorse nor are we associated with any other web site which may attach itself by links to our website. This office does not prepare documents and does not answer legal questions. Please contact an attorney if you need legal assistance.