Plans & Development
Planning and economic development is typically the responsibility of the County's Community Development Office. These activities typically include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining the County Profile.
Providing, upon request, detailed economic data.
- Serving as the coordinating office for the Osceola County Planning Commission.
- Serving as the coordinating office for the Osceola County Solid Waste Committee.
- Serving as the office of primary responsibility for Osceola County's broadband expansion initiative.
- Serving as the coordinating office for the Osceola County Land Bank Authority.
- Maintaining the County's Future Land Use Plan.
- Serving as a representative to the West Michigan Regional Planning Commission.
- Maintaining, in conjunction with the Parks Department, the County's Five Year Recreation Plan.
Any questions related to construction should be directed to the Building Department. The Building Department has developed a flow chart which goes through the Building Permit Process.
If you have a planning or economic development question please contact the Community Development Office at (231) 832-7397.